Saturday, January 10, 2015

SOL-1

Slice of Life-1



It was a nice morning, I slept in, ate breakfast, and a few hours later I was heating up a slice of pizza for lunch. As I pulled the pizza out of the oven, I felt something behind me. I turned around, and was greeted by a playfull yowl of my dog, Sally, who was mischeviously wagging her tail. In her mouth was the slobbery TV remote. I heard the TV click on in the other room, and the sounds of Dr. Phil blared throughout the house. I yelled "BAD DOG" and "OH SALLY," but to Sally that was just another invitation to run away. She tore through the house, inviting me to chase her, and as she did, she changed the channels on the TV from Dr. Phil, to a news channel, to a channel of solid static. I grabbed the remote, clicked the TV off, and looked back at Sally. She guiltily wagged her tail, and yowled for the remote. I walked away, and ate my now cold pizza.

1 comment:

  1. Hah, very funny, Simon. Wonder what the allure of the remote is? And wonder if she turns on the tv when she's alone, and lonely? Thanks for re-posting!

    ReplyDelete