Sunday, February 8, 2015

SOL 5

Mathcounts

I was in a large room, filled with hundreds of students, all in middle school.  Across the row was the Logan team, and we all waited to get our papers. Finally, the papers were handed out, and we were instructed to start. I flipped the page over, and looked at the problems. I flipped again. And again. Trying to find something I knew. I found the problems I knew, which was about one-third of them. I filled in answers to the ones I knew, and guesses to the problems I didn't. The adults collected the papers, and I looked up at the large screen, where the answers were projected. I counted the ones I got correct, and the ones I didn't. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Correct, Wrong. That is pretty much how it went.

5 comments:

  1. Were you at a competition? I really liked the way you ended your slice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds stressful. Was the competition over the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those problems must have been hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been hard... I would have stunk

    ReplyDelete